21. The rivers will become dirtier and dirtier we take action to protect them.
A. since B. if C. until D. unless
22. Though I the phone number many times， the foreigner still couldn't write it down.
A. repeated B. refused C. researched D. recognized
23. --- Yesterday， my father bought me a new mobile phone as a present， but I don't know how to use it.
--- Why not read the first before using it？
A. expressions B. applications
C. advertisements D. instructions
24. It was sunny. He suggested out for a walk.
A. going B. to go C. goes D. go
25. The club over 300 members.
A. belongs to B. consists C. makes up D. is made up of
26. We won't get there on time， the car doesn't break down.
A. even if B. unless C. if D. if not
27. --- What are you reading， Tom？
--- I'm not really reading， just the pages.
A. turning off B. turning around
C. turning over D. turning up
28. The hotel we stay in was right on the beach.
A. who B. why C. what D. that
29. There will be a stamp show in the museum we visited last week.
A. who B. when C. which D. what
30. Mary Smith says she likes to have friends are different from her.
A. whose B. which C. who
We are now living in the 21st century. Is your classroom living in the 21stcentuiy， too？ Tony is a student in Grade 8 at an American middle school. He was surprised when he saw his modern 31 on his first day of school.
In Tony's classroom， there are many new electronics（電子設備） like iPads. This semester， they will 32 the electronics to take notes， watch videos and do projects and homework. “It's 33 ” said Tony. “I prefer using an iPad to work on math or other projects 34 my team members.”
The school uses new technology'（技術） in classrooms to help students see， hear， touch and sometimes experience their tasks， technology is pretty common in most of our classrooms now，” the head teacher said. “We are trying to use technology to 35 the world to kids. It can bring the outside world in.”
Science teacher Mr. Miller agrees. “It is a 36 way for students to know the outside world，” he said.
Mr. Miller now regards himself as a guide of learning 37 as a teacher.“ If they have a question for me， I will try to teach them 38 to find the answers rather than tell them what the answers are，” he said.
Dale， another student， loves technology. He was not really interested in class before， 39 now he likes the classes very much. “It helps me use what I know about technology at school，” Dale said. “Most importantly， I 40 the classroom. This， of course， will help my studies.”
31.A. dormitory B. playground C. library D. classroom
32.A. allow B. use C. want D. help
33.A. boring B. relaxing C. amazing D. disappointing
34.A. on B. by C. at D. with
35.A. open up B. look up C. put up D. call up
36.A. wrong B. slow C. quick D. bad
37.A. because of B. instead of C. according to D. thanks to
38.A. why B. what C. when D. how
39.A. but B. and C. or D. so
40.A. stand B. hate C. enjoy D. dislike