1.Small cars are useful in cities with narrow __________.
A. streets B. cinemas C. squares D. shop
2. There will be fewer workers in factories because most work _________ by robots in the future.
A. is done B. was done C .will be done D. will do
3. He ______look at the stars every night, but now he does not.
A. had better B. used to C. ought to D. had to
4. Luke's mother will be _____him if he wins the reading competition.
A. proud of B. tired of C. worried about D. strict with
5.---_______do you brush your teeth?
---Twice or more a day.
A. How soon B. How far C. How long D. How often
6. Bob dislikes coffee, so he almost _________ drinks it.
A. often B. always C. never D. ever
7. Sarah _________many places of interest in Beijing already.
A. visited B. has visited C. will visit D. visits
8. My grandparents wrote letters to keep in touch with others_________ they were young.
A. when B. since C. after D. before
9. ---Tom, I went to the party yesterday evening.
---Oh, I want to know ______at the party.
A. who do you meet B. who you meet
C. who did you meet D. who you met
10. ----I don't like the short story “The gift” I think it’s out of date.
----I’m sorry, but__________. Although it may be old, I still think it's a moving story.
A it doesn’t matter B. I don't agree
C. you're welcome D. that’s all night
One day, a hunter went hunting with his dog. He saw a rabbit running out of a bush not far in front and 11 raised his gun to shoot. The rabbit was hurt. It ran away 12 .The hunter waved to the dog to 13 it. The well-trained dog rushed like an arrow, running very fast and full of 14 .
The rabbit ran so desperately(拼命地) that it_ 15 not to have been hurt at all. However, the dog was surprisingly left behind. Gradually(逐漸地), the dog was losing sight of(看不見) the rabbit. At last when the dog 16 empty-handed, the hunter was angry and blamed(責備)it, "How_17 !Unable to catch an injured rabbit! No supper for you.” Feeling sad, the dog tried to explain for 18 ,"Though I didn't catch it, I had done my best.”
When the rabbit got home, all the other rabbits were surprised at its 19 . They were dying to ask, “How did you 20 to run away when the dog almost caught you? it’s unbelievable” The dog would only he blamed for not catching me at most, 21 all it did was to do its best. The situation is completely different 22 me. I would surely lose my life 23 I was caught I had to go all out(竭盡全力)!”
We can learn a lesson for our daily life from the story. Have we ever examined ourselves and asked 24 we did our best or went all out when we looked for a(n) 25 for our failure?
11. A. slowly B. quickly C. easily D. strangely
12. A. in order B. in need C. in fear D. in surprise
13. A. bark at B. look at C. look after D. run after
14. A. knowledge B. kindness C. humor D. confidence
15. A. seemed B. became C. tasted D. sounded
16. A. followed B. left C. returned D. waited
17. A. careless B. useless C. homeless D. harmless
18. A. itself B. it C. himself D. him
19. A. sadness B. luck C. worry D. patience
20. A. succeed B. fail C. manage D. suggest
21. A. but B. or C. yet D. so
22. A. from B. for C. as D. of
23. A. though B. unless C. until D. if
24. A. whether B. that C. what D. where
25. A. respect B. hope C. excuse D. effect