1.---How long does it take us to go to your hometown from here?
---It takes us hour to go to my hometown by train.
A. an, a
B. an, /
C. an, the
2. Her father a taxi driver. Now he works for a charity.
A. used to be
B. is used to being
3. ---How do you like the two pairs of shoes?
---They don' t fit me. They are too big too small.
A. not only…but also…
4. ---Could you please give me some on how to learn English ?
---Sure. Practice makes perfect.
A. advice, well
B. advice, good
C. advices, well
5. We set up this group disabled people like Ben Smith.
B. to help
6. --- I finish my work now?
---No, you . You can do it later.
A. May, needn't
B. Must, don’t have to
C. Can, couldn’t
7. Everyone in my class except Tom and Mary to Beijing.
A. have been
B. have gone
C. has been
8. FIFA World Cup every four years. Guess which team will win in 2018 Russia FIFA World Cup?
A. is held
B. was held
C. will be held
9.---I don't know .
---You can go and ask Mary.
A. when does the train arrive
B. if she has come or not
C. what I should buy for my sister
10. Miss Brown tells us to remember that careful we are, mistakes we will make.
A. the more, the fewer
B. the fewer, the more
C. the more, the less
Few people like changing their habits, good or bad Whether it is smoking, drinking or overeating, they 11 “ enjoying” them to the end.
On every packet of cigarettes(香煙), people are warned against the 12 of smoking: “Warming: Cigarette Smoking Is Dangerous to Your Health.” 13 , millions of them start smoking or go on smoking. Why?
Facts show that families and surroundings(環境) play a very important part in__ 14smokers.All those smokers come from smoking families or have smoking_ 15 or relatives. Films and TV plays also play a part. People_16 their "heroes" on TV drinking alcohol (酒) or 17 cigarettes.
“Heroes seem to fear 18 , neither killing themselves nor killing others with alcohol and cigarettes. 19 they are not afraid of the harm of smoking and drinking, why__20 common people be afraid?
The simple warning on the cigarette packet does not influence_ 21 habits. Even stronger warnings, like showing pictures of smokers who have died of cancer, don't seem to_ 22 .