1. Scared by the loud noise, the rabbits ran off all directions.
A. on B. at C. in D. by
2.—I’m going to miss you, dear.
— I feel_______ the same.
A. hardly B. exactly C. seriously D. properly
3. A robot show will be held in July, but knows the date for sure.
A. nobody B. everybody C. anybody D. somebody
4. He was advised to eat fewer hamburgers and drink cola to keep fit.
A. much B. more C. fewer D. less
5. —Excuse me, can you tell me the way to the nearest underground station?
—Walk straight on you see a white building. It’s right there.
A. though B. since C. until D. if
6. The boy has been missing for five days and his parents are worried about his______.
A. attention B. safety C. action D. growth
7. —What do you think of Jason?
—He has me with his good sense of humour.
A. impressed B. admired C. reminded D. warned
8. She be slow, but at least she doesn’t make stupid mistakes.
A. needn’t B. may C. can’t D. shall
9. —I’m Daisy, not Jessie.
—Sorry, I have difficulty people’s names.
A. remembering B. remember C. to remember D. remembered
10. — does it take you to get to school by bike?
—About fifteen minutes.
A. How soon B. How often C. How long D. How far
11. —Little Jenny looks unhappy today.
—Don’t worry. A box of chocolates will her .
A. give ... up B. wake ... up C. cheer ... up D. pick ... up
12. —Why are you so late today?
—Three buses went by without stopping while I at the bus stop.
A. am waiting B. waited C. have waited D. was waiting
13. —I’m going to take the kids to see the movie.
— . The kids are too young. That movie is not suitable for them.
A. You’d better not B. Good idea C. I think so D. No problem
14. —Do you know ?
—We can try to produce less waste, reuse or recycle things.
A. why can we live a green life B. how can we live a green life
C. why we can live a green life D. how we can live a green life
15. —I spent the whole night preparing my report.
—Don’t stay up too late, or you will be tired out. Remember, .
A. it never rains but it pours
B. you can’t burn the candle at both ends
C. you can’t put all your eggs in one basket
D. the grass is always greener on the other side