1. Let’s put the piano over there, __________ the wall.
A. above B. against
C. across D. around
2. You do not win respect by showing __________ you are, but what you’re able to do.
A. where B. who
C. how D. when
3. —I’m planning to climb Mount Huang this summer. Would you like to come along?
—Wow! That would be exciting __________ challenging. I’m in!
A. as well as B. as good as
C. as long as D. as far as
4. You’re the future of this country. Don’t keep asking what this country can do for you. Ask
__________ what you can do for this country.
A. us B. ourselves
C. you D. yourselves
5. —It’s said that drinking coffee __________ cancer. Do I have to give it up?
—Relax! Not everything on Wechat is true. In fact, a coffee a day keeps the doctor away.
A. causes B. has caused
C. caused D. had caused
6. He stayed up very late that night. __________ he woke up in the morning, the sun was already high up in the sky.
A. Until B. After
C. While D. As
7. It’s not __________ to be friendly. You have to be a friend. Go and talk to Sam.
A. good enough B. late enough
C. too good D. too late
8. —Didn’t you see the zebra crossing? You __________ slow down, son!
—Sorry, sir. Am I going to fail the test?
A. can’t B. can
C. mustn’t D. must
9. —Do you watch Peppa Pig on TV? It’s so funny!
— Well, no, to be __________, I think it’s quite silly.
A. curious B. brave
C. gentle D. honest
10. The king didn’t take any notice of the noise in the crowd and __________ with the parade.
A. carry on B. carry out
C. carried on D. carried out
11. —I don’t care __________. In this camp, there’s only one hairstyle-short! Understand?
A. what you are used to liking B. what you used to be like
C. what are you used to liking D. what did you use to be like
12. The air pollution in the small town is getting worse. People have to wear thick masks almost every day. __________ !
A. What a shame B. What shame
C. What a surprise D. What surprise
13. I don’t have much money, but I’d like to buy my dad something really special, if you know what I __________.
A. want B. care C. mean D. prefer
14. —Chris didn’t even look at me. I did say hello to him with a big smile!
— __________. But that is just so Chris. He’s always living in his own world.
A. No wonder B. No worries
C. I bet you did D. I doubt you did