I think my dog Teffy is really amazing. He understands 21 . I can communicate with him.
Taffy doesn't usually sit quietly. He 22 wants to go for a walk. However, yesterday when I was feeling 23 , he stayed beside me for hours.
Taffy always 24 to be happy. Last week, I was mad at my brother. I was shouting at him 25 we saw our dog. Taffy standing between us and he looked very sad. My brother and I laughed. Then Taffy was happy again.
Taffy also likes to help me. One day, my friends and I 26 football. When my friend Jack made me fall over, Taffy started to 27 Jack! It was so funny! At another time, I couldn’t find my watch. Taffy searched for it for hours. He didn’t 28 . He found my watch finally!
I really love my dog!
21. A. him B. her C. me D. it
22. A. never B. seldom C. sometimes D. always
23. A. good B. sick C. relaxed D. warm
24. A. everybody B. somebody C. nobody D. anybody
25. A. before B. after C. if D. when
26. A. play B. were playing C. played D. are playing
27. A. find out B. look for C. run after D. deal with
28. A. give up B. wake up C. get up D. pick up
Time is a very valuable thing. However, most of us don’t 29 it until it’s too late. When we are young, we feel that we will never 30 time. We don’t count the seconds, minutes, and hours of the day because we know that 31 will bring more. We have so much time that we feel we can easily 32 to waste some of it. Think of the common English 33 ,”wasting time,” “filling in time” or even “killing time”. We have 34 respect(尊重)for time.
It is only when get 35 that we begin to realize that time is a precious treasure. 36 we might find that we haven’t invested(投資) our time well. We discover that we 37 have enough time to do things we want. Just as adults need to spend their money on 38 things like taxes(稅款) and bills, they also have to spend their time 39 things that they might not really want to do----things that really make time boring.
The only way to get the most of the time we have is to live for today, and never delay(拖延) till next day. As the idiom 40 , ”Delay is the thief of time.” And you don’t want anyone to steal your time, do you?
29. A. remind B. realize C. review D. research
30. A. be sure about B. get rid of C. be thirsty for D. run out of
31. A. tomorrow B. success C. ability D. knowledge
32. A. agree B. avoid C. afford D. advise
33. A. expressions B. instructions C. suggestions D. introductions
34. A. few B. little C. a few D. a little
35. A. older B. stronger C. busier D. higher
36. A. Simply B. Specially C. Suddenly D. Seriously
37. A. at times B. no more C. at least D. no longer
38. A. unexpected B. unpleasant C. unforgettable D. unbelievable
39. A. do B. done C. doing D. to do
40. A. writes B. tells C. reads D. says