26. Tim is ________ eleven-year-old boy. He likes playing ________ basketball.
A. /; a B. an;/ C. an; the D. a; an
27. This is ___ family photo, I took it on her mother’s ______ birthday.
A. Mary; forty B. Mary’s; fortieth C. Mary; fortieth D. Mary’s; forties
28. _____ the ______ of the car?
A. How; money B. What’s price C. How much; money D. What’s; price
29. Money is important, but it can’t buy ________, especially happiness and health.
A. anything B. something C. everything D. nothing
30. In China, there are more _____ in primary schools than in high schools.
A. woman teacher B. women teachers
C. women teacher D. woman teachers
31. I can’t stand _______ in public.
A. smoking B. to smoke C. smoke D. smokes
32. Mum wants to watch the CCTV news. Let’s _______ the TV.
A. turn down B. turn on C. turn off D. turn in
33. The old couple were _______ because they had a _______ trip in Australia.
A. pleased; pleasure B. pleased; pleasant
C. pleasant; pleased D. please; pleased
34. Students ______ to the library after school.
A. allow to go B. are allowed going
C. will allow go D. are allowed to go
35. In our school, most of us like playing football instead of basketball. So basketball is ____than football.
A. more popular B. most popular C. less popular D. least popular
36. Where are going for your summer holidays? I __________go to Dalian. I haven’t decided.
A. may B. need C. must D. mustn’t
37. --–Do you know the man ____ is talking with our Chinese teacher?
----Yes. He is my uncle, Mr. King.
A. which B. who C. whom D. whose
38. ----_______ people do housework ______twenty years?
----No, I don’t think so.
A. Do; in B. Are; after C. Will; for D. Will; in
39. My mother _____ dinner when I got home yesterday.
A. has cooked B. was cooking C. will cook D. cooks
40. -----Excuse me, can I ask you some questions?
A. Sure, go ahead B. Congratulations!
C. That’s right D. It doesn’t matter
Bike-sharing is a new choice for short journeys in cities. It is good to the 41 development of the big cities.
A __42___ by a company found that shared bikes started the nation’s 43 for bikes again. Now more and more Chinese people are 44 bikes instead of cars to make short journeys in cities.
An engineer of that company says that since the start of shared bikes, people 45 fewer trips by car. The love for shared bikes is not only among 46 people, who were born in the 1980 s and 1990s, but also among people over sixty.
At weekends, the number of the riders in Shenzhen reaches the 47 of all cities. On weekdays, the number of people who use shared bikes to travel to word is 48 in Shanghai.
It is said that bike-sharing will help 49 the cities’ environment. It not only helps solve the traffic problems, but also will help to make more use of 50 in cities. Take Beijing as an example if more people choose shared bikes, an area of five Bird’s Nest stadiums will be saved.