1. Nora opened the box. To her surprise, ______ was a gold watch
A. outside B.inside C. beside D. behind
2. You are speaking too fast. Can you speak a little ______?
A. more slowly B. most slowly C. more loudly D. most loudly
3. Dad doesn’t always come to you. You have to fight and save ______
A. yourself B. himself C. myself D. herself
4. —Jack, why have you decided Chinese folk music as a course.
—To learn more about Chinese culture.
A. take B. taken C. taking D. to take
5. Mom, have you seen my toy bear? I don’t know _____ I have left it.
A. why B. when C. how D. where
6. — Sorry, I've forgotten your name. Can you _____me?
A. remind B. receive C. respect D. remember
7. —I'm afraid I can't come to your wedding, Julia.
— ! But why?
A. How happy B. How lucky C. What a pity D. What nice news
8. You will never achieve success ____ you devote yourself to your work.
A. after B. if C. because D. unless
9. —Shall we go on Friday or Saturday?
—Either day is OK. It makes no to me.
A. choicc B. changc C. diffcrcncc D. decision
10. — Excuse me, what time does Flight BA 2793 leave?
—Just a minute. I____for you.
A. check B. checked C. will check D. havc checked
11. Dogs_____run through soccer games at the park. It's dangerous
A. should B. shouldn't C. need D. needn't
12. Millie, now go to have a nice bath and an early night, so that you will be for the
A. safe B. patient C. fresh D. natural
13. —Why hasn't Tony come?
—The invitation letter to Toby by accident
A. was emailed B. has emailed C. is emailed D. emailed
14. As soon as she at home, Sally knew she had bought the wrong dress.
A. handed it in B. tried it on C. cut it out D. made it up
15. —He is too short to be a succcssful basketball player.
—_______. Every dog has its day.
A. I think so B. It's hard to say C. That’s right D.You'd better not