21. ( A )—What’s this?
—It’s _______ watch.
A. a B. an C. the
22. ( B )—Are these your books?
—No, they aren’t. They are _______.
A. she B. hers C. her
23. ( C ) Mountain climbing is one of _______ sports in the world.
A. dangerous B. more dangerous C. the most dangerous
24. ( B )I cleaned my room yesterday. It _______ a little difficult.
A. is B. was C. will be
25. ( A )I think it’s impolite _______ others waiting.
A. to keep B. keeping C. keep
26. ( B )I like Chinese, _______ I don’t like math, because it’s not easy to learn it well.
A. and B. but C. or
27. ( C )If I go to the movie, I _______ my homework on time.
A. didn’t finish B. don’t finish C. won’t finish
28. ( C ) I _______ Anna since three years ago.
A. knew B. know C. have known
29. ( A )The telephone _______ by Alexander Graham Bell.
A. was invented B. invents C. invented
30. ( C ) _______ funny story!
A. How B. What C. What a
When l was about 12, I had an enemy, a girl who liked to point out my shortcomings. Sometimes she said I was thin. Sometimes she said I was 31 . Sometimes she said I wasn’t a good student. Sometimes she said I talked too much, and so on. I tried to 32 her as long as I could. At last, I became very 33 . I ran to my father with tears in my eyes.
He 34 me quietly, and then he asked, “Are the things she said true or not? Mary, didn’t you ever 35 what you’re really like? Go and make a 36 of everything she has said and mark the points that are true. Pay no attention to the other things she has said.”
I did as he told me and to my surprise, I 37 that about half the things were true.
I brought the list back to my dad. He refused to take it. “That’s just for 38 .” he said. “You know better than anyone else the truth about yourself. When something said about you is true, you’ll find it will be helpful to you. Don’t shut your 39 . Listen to them all, 40 hear the truth and do what you think is right.”
In our life we often meet with some trouble and we often go to someone and ask for advice. For some advice we will treasure(珍惜)all our life!
31. ( B )A. hardworking B. lazy C. smart
32. ( C )A. beat B. hate C. stand
33. ( A )A. angry B. excited C. bored
34. ( B )A. cared for B. listened to C.worried about
35. ( A )A. wonder B. hear C. know
36. ( A )A. list B. form C. chart
37. ( C )A. suggested B. hoped C. discovered
38. ( B )A. me B. you C. her
39. ( C )A. eyes B. mouth C. ears
40. ( B )A. and B. but C. so