31. Karl Marx, a great thinker and politician, was born in Germany ________ ago.
A. the two hundredth year B. two hundred-year C. two hundred years
32. The doctor advised Paul strongly that he should stop smoking, but ________ didn't help.
A. It B. he C. one
33. ________ story of Chang'e is regarded as a touching traditional folk story about the Mid-Autumn Festival.
A. A B. An C. The
34. “ ________ fast Guizhou Province is developing!”
“Yes. It hosts the Big Data Expo every year.”
A. What B. How C. What a
35. “Meatout Day” is ________ March 20th. Many people in the world don't eat any meat that day.
A. at B. in C. on
36. “Excuse me, could you tell me where I can buy a guidebook?”
“Sorry, I'm new here. You ________ ask the policeman over there.”
A. shall B. can C. must
37. I'm going to choose some online courses with a friend of ________ to improve our English.
A. me B. my C. mine
38. The doctor looks tired and sleepy ________ he stayed up late to look after his patients yesterday.
A. because B. if C. unless
39. “Do you know ________ the school library closes, Susan?”
“Ten o'clock at night.”
A. when B. why C. who
40. “Tom, would you please take out the rubbish?”
“Just a minute, mom, I ________ a phone call.”
A. make B. makes C. am making
41. Chinese parents always try their best ________ a good education environment for their kids.
A. provide B. to provide C. providing
42. Reading books ________ a bridge between our lives and the unknown world.
A. built B. build C. builds
43. Amy is a creative lady ________ set up a website to sell handbags made of old jeans.
A. who B. which C. where
44. China has a history of over 5,000 years. It is one of the ________ countries in the world.
A. biggest B. richest C. oldest
45. We should ________ more time talking with our teachers so that they can understand us better.
A. pay B. spend C. take